Teens Kids About Rachel Fun Stuff Blog Buy a Book

 

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bastille Day!


We're celebrating Bastille Day here chez moi -- because, well, why the heck not.

Sometimes, if we can't find a holiday and we are hard up for a party, we will celebrate Tuesday Afternoon.

However, today the book I am currently writing took a surprising, but very cool, turn. This is fantastic, of course, because it yanked me into a highly productive writing day (though as a result I am kind of scrunched up, with my shoulders ratcheted up to my earlobes). This is a good enough reason to party, in my opinion. (Or perhaps do some yoga?) But I do not need an excuse to celebrate today!

Bastille Day is an actual holiday, with a lovely (though historically questionable and of course horribly out-of-touch) command regarding food. My French may be a bit rusty, but I think I have got it -- so this is what I just made for dinner tonight.

Let them eat cupcakes! (But let them wait for frosting.)

Love,
Rachel Vail

2 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look yummy! I love the fact that you celebrate random holidays just because. I mean, why not? That's why :).

    Congrats on your productive writing day! Are you writing a new YA book? I'm pretty excited to know more about it!

    Love,
    Laura (Spain).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Rachel! :) Sounds like a wonderful time. Any chance of you spilling some info about that new book? ;D

    ReplyDelete

Followers