Teens Kids About Rachel Fun Stuff Blog Buy a Book

 

Monday, August 2, 2010

in LA, with my fellow bookies...

My head is buzzing and my heart is exploding here in Los Angeles at the SCBWI conference. But if I don't go get some food I am going to go all woozy and '40's movie-swoony so all the details will have to wait. For now, though: I spoke this morning to a room full of a thousand new friends, many of whom were incredibly generous in coming up afterwards to share thoughts, tears, and stories of their own. I have learned so much and been so inspired at this conference. If you write (or want to write) books for kids, I highly recommend attending an SCBWI conference. What a treat. I want to get to the afternoon sessions, though, so I MUST find some food. No more blueberry scones from Starbucks!

Love,
Rachel Vail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers