Teens Kids About Rachel Fun Stuff Blog Buy a Book

 

Monday, April 2, 2012

Today


Just found this:

By Bianca Schulze, The Children’s Book Review
Published: March 31, 2012
Piggy Bunny
By Rachel Vail; Illustrated by Jeremy Tankard
Ever had aspirations to be someone or something other than who or what you are? The piggy in this book, Liam, wants to be a bunny—the Easter bunny, to be exact. He’s willing to put in the hard work, even if it means eating salad. Nobody in his family, except for his grandma, believes he can become the Easter bunny, but Liam remains focused and with his can-do-attitude and support from grandma he makes his dream come true. Jeremy Tankard’s ink and digital media artwork are the icing on the cake (or the foil wrapper on the Easter egg, if I may) adding emotion to the story through little piggy faces and bodies. Liam is adorable and so is this story. (Ages 4-6. Publisher: Feiwel and Friends)

And this:
my tortoise, Lightning, admiring himself in the mirror

And also the three pounds I'd managed to lose. I am NOT blaming my friend Lauren and the ridiculously delicious bread, muffins, and blondies she foisted upon me this weekend. Well, maybe a little. Or maybe my scale is broken.
Also I brought in my car to be fixed. It has almost $300 worth of a broken wire, which is why there's no heat or AC. Oh, well. At least it's fixable. Too bad Mr. Mandarano didn't let me take auto mechanics as an elective in high school. Why didn't he? "Because you are a GIRL," he said.
Times have changed, though, right? RIGHT? 
Well, I hope so. Now, on to writing. How's your Monday going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers